We’re still here for you
We’re committed to providing essential services.
The doors are still open at many of our services.
We’re doing everything we can to keep offering our drop-in emergency relief services, youth and disability residential services, our occasional care, long day care and Tasmanian early learning services, homelessness services and many more where it is needed most.
COVID-19 information in other languages
If you can, call ahead before you visit as the situation is changing so fast.
In the interest of everyone’s safety, when visiting one of our services please continue to follow this important health advice:
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow or cover your mouth with disposable tissues. Throw the tissues away immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face and mouth after touching public surfaces.
- Keeping about 1.5m in between yourself and others where possible.
- If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, or feeling unwell, please stay at home and recover.
We have made some changes
To help keep people safe and healthy we are following physical distancing advice and so have made some changes to some of our services.
We will provide our support and services by phone wherever possible. This will limit contact and contribute to slowing the spread of the disease.
Uniting services offered by phone
Tenancy Advocacy and Assistance Program (TAAP)
Phone: 1800 545 366 (leave a message and our Intake worker will call you back)
Disability Employment Services
Call 1300 090 989 or (03) 9692 9501
Call 1800 685 682
School Leaver Employment Support
This service continues to be offered online
Call 1300 090 989
This service continues to be offered via phone and email.
To be directed to the relevant team or make a new referral contact the NDIS Customer Service Hub on:
Call: 1300 826 347
Alcohol and Other Drug
Some of our face-to-face services have been moved to telephone and telehealth support, including:
- Intake & Assessment Services
- Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Counselling services (including forensic counselling)
- Overdose Prevention Program
- Care and recovery coordindation
- Non-residential withdrawal support
- Family Counselling and Family Reunification Programs
- Specialist Family Violence Advisors
- Peer Support
- Client courses including Alcohol Considering Change, Cautious with Cannabis, Methamphetamine Personal Education Program and FOCIS (First Offender Court Intervention Service)
Some of our services have closed
Emergency relief closures
- Community meals - St Albans, 309A Main Road VIC 3021
- Community meals - Bendigo, 25 Forest Street VIC 3550
- Asylum Seeker Welcome Centre - Brunswick, 212 Sydney Road VIC 3056
- Emergency Relief - Kangaroo Flat, Church Street VIC 3555
Emergency relief service alterations
- Emergency relief at 32 Withers Street Sunshine has been moved to Wesley Footscray Outreach Services, 310 Barkly Street, Footscray. Phone 9689 3515 Wednesday -Friday
- Mental Health Capacity Building (NDIS) - Horsham, 185 Bailie St VIC 3400
Disability service closures
Disability Recreational Activities
- Baillie Street Social and Recreational Group Activities, 185 Baillie St, Horsham VIC 3400
- Kids Under Kanvas, Cranbourne, 2/2 Codrington Street VIC 3977
- Day service connect - South, Cranbourne, 2/2 Codrington Street VIC 3977
- Day service connect - East, Lilydale, 101&103 Beresford Rd VIC 3140
- Disability employment services - Lilydale, 101&103 Beresford Rd VIC 3140
Op Shop closures
- Werribee, 35 Synnot Street VIC 3030
- Point Lonsdale, 2/83 Point Lonsdale Road VIC 3225
- Drysdale, 19/4 Village Walk VIC 3222
- East Geelong, Shop 8 140 Ormond Road VIC 3219
- Highton, 8 Porter Avenue VIC 3216
- Hamlyn Heights, 81 Vines Road VIC 3215
- Norlane, The Dorothy Thomson Centre 10 Wendover Avenue VIC 3214
- Delacombe, 889 La Trobe Street, VIC 3356
- Ballarat, 105 Dana Street VIC 3350
- Golden Square, Cnr Panton & Laurel Streets, VIC 3555
- Whitehills, 506 Napier Street, VIC 3550
- Corio, 15 Detroit Cres, VIC 3214
Some of our offices have closed
- 1 Gold Street, Collingwood
Services at this location are being offered via phone
For disability services call 1300 090 989 or (03) 9692 9501
For financial counselling call 1800 685 682
- 184 Sladen Street, Cranbourne
- 2/50 Station Street, Pakenham
Alternative location: 55 Webb Street, Narre Warren. Phone: (03) 9704 8377
- 10 Ti-Tree Drive, Doveton
Alternative location: 51 Princes Hwy, Dandenong. Phone: (03) 8792 8999
- 32 Withers Street, Sunshine
Alternative location: Wesley Footscray Outreach Services, 310 Barkly Street, Footscray. Phone: 9689 3515 Wednesday - Friday
Volunteer support during COVID-19
Now more than ever, we need community support. We urgently need help with our Emergency Relief services to assist those who need support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Message to all our consumers
Our absolute priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our consumers, volunteers and employees.
COVID-19 Early Learning Services Update
Following the Victorian Government decision to start the first term school holidays early, all Uniting kindergartens will commence school holidays as of today, Monday 23 March from 5.00pm.