Pathways to Employment
School Leaver Employment Support
For over 15 years, Uniting has supported school leavers with disability to prepare them for employment.
Pathways 2 Employment is an NDIS funded School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) program for young people aged between 18 – 22 years to support their transition from school to employment.
Our SLES program offers a range of training, work placements and life skills opportunities to help young people prepare for the workforce.
This support includes:
- Developing an action plan to set, meet and review your individual goals
- Linking you to accredited training* such as Certificate I Transition Education, Certificate I Work Education and Certificate I Food Handling
- Vocational pre-employment training such as Customer Service, Introduction to Café Work, Cash Register Training
- Vocational training through TAFE and Registered Training Organisations
- Extensive group and individual structured work placements
- On-site work visits
- Skill development and confidence building
- Travel training and driver education to obtain a Learner’s permit
- Individualised case management, mentoring and ongoing support from our dedicated Employment Coaches
- Referral to relevant services including transition to our Disability Employment Services program.
Note: During COVID 19 the program will be delivered in an online format with some program activities such as Work Placements and Industry Visits modified or replaced with other activities for the safety of participants and staff.
These services are offered across Broadmeadows, Cranbourne, Footscray, Heidelberg, Hoppers Crossing, Melton, Pakenham, Sunbury, so get in touch to see how we can help you tailor an action plan to meet your needs and employment goals.
*Accredited training is delivered by Catalyst