- Are you the parent of a child under 5 years?
- Uniting Playgroups are fun!
What is a playgroup?
A playgroup is a group of parents or carers who meet weekly with their babies, toddlers and/or pre-schoolers. Playgroups are about children having fun and learning through play, while the parent/carer makes new friends and shares experiences.
At playgroup your child will have the opportunity to:
- Be stimulated and have fun
- Enjoy activities they may not do at home
- Learn to socialise with other children
- Improve language and communication
- Explore a new environment with different experiences
As a parent you will:
- Learn about community resources
- Share parenting stories
- Get an understanding of children and what to expect of them
- Make new friends
What happens at Playgroup?
The playgroup creates a family setting with parents and carers, babies, toddlers and pre-school aged children playing together.
- Age appropriate activities are provided that will extend the children's interests
- Food is all provided and adults and children are encouraged to sit and have meals together
- Parents and carers stay with their child/ren and are supported by playgroup staff to interact positively with their children in a stress free environment
For more information on Playgroup please phone (03) 9386 2876