Strengthen the family bond
If your family is feeling a little chaotic, animal-assisted therapy can be a positive way to improve relationships.
If you would like your family to get along better, the Family Dog Project can help.
Through learning the skills used to train your dog, you can address other issues you may need support with. We can help you deepen your relationship with your dog by establishing leadership, trust and consistency. We can then support you to develop strategies for consistent parenting, routines and boundaries. We can help you parent with increased confidence, and help you strengthen your family bonds.
Create a calmer home
The program is designed to assist you as parents, along with your children, to come together as a team to train your dog.
We can help you:
- Identify and reduce stress and negative behaviours by creating a calmer household
- Create more peaceful family relationships
- Strengthen parenting skills
- Establish consistent routines and improve behaviours
- Build confidence, trust and self-esteem
- Improve problem solving and conflict resolution
- Motivate disengaged adolescents and children
- Rediscover fun and laughter
- Develop empathy
- Improve mental health and wellbeing
- Increase physical fitness
Get in touch
If you have a case worker in the North East Metropolitan Child & Family Services Alliance, and think you might benefit from this service, please contact us on:
Phone: 1800 002 992 (toll free) or 03 8401 0100